International University of Management, IUM Online Application Form | International University of Management (IUM) admission procedure
Find detailed information about International University of Management (IUM) Online Application and International University of Management (IUM) admission procedure into Undergraduate, PhD, Postgraduate, Masters, Diploma and Certificates programmes.
Postgraduate Degree Programmes
In order to be admitted to a postgraduate degree programme at the International University of Management (IUM), prospective students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have the relevant Bachelor Honours degree in the upper class division or equivalent from a reputable university, institution, or institute/organization OR have the requisite degree for the intended programme by the time they are matriculated.
- Must have obtained such professional qualifications or membership of professionall institutions deemed equivalent to a diploma or first degree by the IUM Higher Degrees Committee and approved by the IUM Senate
- Must have obtained an undergraduate degree in any discipline from IUM and/or from another recognised university or institution of Higher Learning.
- Additional qualifications and work experience may be required from all candidates.
- 2.75 Or higher GPA on the last 60 semester credits or 65% pass rate
- 3 letters of recommendations from university senior lecturers/professors.
- A two-page motivation write-up on why the candidate intends to join the Master`s programme
- Students with first Masters degrees will follow the standard admission requirements stipulated in these regulations.
- Admissions shall be once a year, in January
- Students may be required to sit for a Graduate English Examination (GEE) before admission.
- The exam will be set, marked and administered by the School of Postgraduate Studies.
- Departments may have additional requirements.
Undergraduate Degree Programmes
The normal entry requirement to undergraduate degree programmes shall be a Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate (Ordinary or Higher or a combination of both) or equivalent qualification(s), provided that the candidate has passed five subjects (including English at Grade D) normally in not more than three examination sittings with a minimum of 25 points on the IUM’s evaluation scale.
NB: Information Technology courses applicants should have a pass in Mathematics with a C required for Digital Communication Technology and a D for Business Information Systems.
Stand Alone Programmes
The normal entry requirement to Stand Alone programmes shall be a Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate (Ordinary or Higher or a combination of both) or equivalent qualification(s), provided that the candidate has passed five subjects (including English at Grade D) normally in not more than three examination sittings with a minimum of 20 points on the IUM’s evaluation scale.
The normal entry requirement to the university’s Preparatory programmes shall be a Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate (Ordinary or Higher or a combination of both) or equivalent qualification(s), provided that the candidate has passed five subjects (including English at Grade D) normally in not more than three examination sittings with a minimum of 18 points on the IUM’s evaluation scale
Mature Age Entry Requirements
- 25 years old, 3 years relevant working experience & Grade 10 Certificate.
- Prospective applicants should pass the entry Aptitude Test of IUM.
IUM Admission Scale
Application forms are available at IUM Campuses and they can be downloaded here :
The application deadline shall be the end of October of each year.
- Bank Name : Bank Windhoek
- Beneficiary Name: IUM-Book Fund
- Branch Name : Kudu Branch, Windhoek
- Branch Code : 482172
- Account Number : 3000338051
NB: Please ensure that the student Name/Number is clearly indicated on the deposit slip and a copy must be provided or Faxed to (061) 257908.
- All students [Non-degree, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research must register each year in January/February.
- Postgraduate Research Students shall be supervised ONLY if they are registered.
Attach the following:
The following documents must included in the application:
- Two copies of certified grade 12 (Grade 10 for mature entry )
- Copy of Birth Certificate, ID or Passport
- One Passport size photo
- Reference letter from the employer indicating years of work experience and responsibilities.
- Non – Namibian qualifications must be evaluated by the Namibia Qualifications Authority (NQA).
- Applicants seeking exemptions for prior studies should apply before registration.
- All copies submitted with application form must be certified.
- Candidates who obtain a Grade E in English shall be admitted provisionally until they pass the university’s six-months to one year Upgrade course in English in Practice.
- Please refer to the faculty of your choice for any special entry requirements.
For more information Visit http://www.ium.edu.na/