INTRODUCTION TO GENERAL STUDIES
What is general study?
General study can be defined as a multi disciplinary Course drawing up and discussing content from different field of studies.
It generally touches the contents from arts and science courses in disciplines like Biology, Geography, Sociology, Physics, Chemistry, Religions, Civics, Psychology, Philosophy and Political science.
General studies puts much emphasis on nurturing important skills like critical thinking skills, solving skills and participation skills. All these are emphasized to bring betterment of life level of a learner for individual development and national at large.
BETTERMENTS OF GENERAL STUDIES TO A LEARNER
General studies give a learner the following betterment as it is considered well.
- A learner becomes conscious and aware of all social, economic and political issues.
- It gives skills, experience, confidence and analytical ability to learner from the courses under taken.
- General studies make learner current on the rapid changing world.
- It improved the art of reasoning critically to a learner.
- It also advances a learner with knowledge of different disciplines of studies.
- General studies yields good and competent political leaders.
- It also awakes civilians in proper utilization of natural resources present.
- From General studies learner will develop a good creativity spirit for their betterments.
OBJECTIVES OF GENERAL STUDIES
a) To promote creativity and critical thinking on decision making.
b) To promote awareness of co temporally issues affecting the society e.g. Discuss Environmental issues etc.
c) To influence patriotism and practice of good moral value.
d) To develop self reliance awareness and independent learning to people.
e) To broaden communication skills to people.
f) To illustrate individual roles, duties and responsibilities.