The Standard Four National Assessment (SFNA) Exam is an exam that takes place every year in October. This exam is administered by the National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA). The Standard Four exam assesses a student’s proficiency in mastering the skills of reading, writing, and arithmetic at a level that enables them to use the knowledge gained in solving social, political, economic, and technological problems for personal development and the nation.
Three months after the Standard Four exam takes place, NECTA announces the results of the Standard Four exam (Matokeo ya Darasa la nne 2023) to provide feedback to parents and guardians about how their children performed in the exam. Furthermore, the results of the Standard Four exam are very important in assessing the academic progress of a student who is expected to continue to Standard Five because they prepare the student to master the skills of reading, writing, and arithmetic.
How to View the 2023 Grade Four Results – Matokeo ya darasa la nne 2023.
After knowing the release date for the grade four results, the next thing is to know exactly how you can access these results online. As is generally known, technological advancements have greatly simplified many things in various fields, including education.
The National Examinations Council of Tanzania is also not left behind in the technological field, where they have been able to prepare a powerful online results portal that enables everyone to easily and quickly access the results online.
Therefore, every parent, guardian, relative, and friend with children who took the grade four exam in 2023 will be able to view SFNA results online through the NECTA website as soon as they are announced by the Council.
It must be recognized that these results are released together with the Form Two National Assessment results, which you can view through this link here. Form 2: National Assessment Results 2023
To view the SFNA results, please follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Step 1: Visit the Official NECTA website using your smartphone or laptop: https://necta.go.tz/
- Step 2: After arriving at the NECTA website’s homepage, please go directly to the website’s menu and click on the section labelled “Results”, which will bring up a submenu with a list of various examination results, including the Standard Four results, labeled “SFNA (Standard Four National Assessment)’’
- Step 3: Click on the link labelled “SFNA,” and you will be taken to another page that has a list of Standard Four results for various years from 2020 to 2023.
- Step 4: Click on the link under the respective year of the results (2023) labeled “Link 1: Click here to view.”.
- Step 5: After clicking on the relevant link, you will be taken to a specific page for the Standard Four results, where you can see a list of all the regions in Tanzania.
- Step 6: To view the Standard Four results in your region, you will need to click on the link for your region. for example, if you want to view the results of your child who took the exam at Matarawe Primary School in the Ruvuma region of the Songea Municipality,.
- You will need to click on the link for the Ruvuma region, then click on the link for Songea Municipality (SONGEA MC), where a list of all schools in the Songea municipality will appear on the page.
- Find the specific school’s name, “MATARAWE PRIMARY SCHOOL,” and click on the relevant link. Finally, you will be able to see a list of all students who took the Standard Four exam at that school.
- You can find your child’s name by searching for it or by scrolling down slowly until you see their name.
Congratulations! At this stage, you will have successfully viewed the Standard Four results for the year 2023. Remember to download these results in PDF format for future reference.
How to Interpret your Child’s SFNA Results 2023
In assessing student performance, the National Examinations Council of Tanzania uses a grading system. This system is used by the Council to process results from the SFNA and monitor student performance in national examinations.
To facilitate this, NECTA uses scoring levels within specific grades arranged in a system of points and letters from A to F. The following is a breakdown of the grading categories for the Standard Four National Assessment (SFNA) in Tanzania:
Therefore, to understand the level of performance or proficiency of your child in the fourth-grade results, you need to compare the grade awarded with the above categories. By doing so, you will be able to recognize the performance level of your child based on the scores awarded by the National Examinations Council of Tanzania